events - Summer fly in 2021
fly in 2021 - 31 july 31st & 1st Aug
“We all Fly” & Yorkshire day – a celebration of aviation
A big thanks to everyone that attended this in 2021 – please keep checking our events page for details of our next fly-in.
Join the LAA Vale of York Strut in a celebration of all types of sport aviation – whatever you fly and provided you can use the airfield, fly-in and join the fun!
If you don’t fly then you’re also welcome to come by road and see all the different forms of sport aviation and what the hobby can offer.
We will also be celebrating Yorkshire Day on the Sunday (well of course we would!).
We will not be charging a landing fee, camping charge or admission but we do kindly ask that each visiting aircraft or anyone arriving by road and camping make a £10 donation to our charity fund in support of Martin House Children’s Hospice and the Yorkshire Air Ambulance charities.
Food and drink will be available throughout the day from our onsite café Chocks Away.
Evening entertainment includes live music and entertainment and you’re welcome to camp over.
Exhibitors & Attractions
- Meet the LAA – learn more about leisure aviation from the Association, ask question about licensing, building and operating an LAA Aircraft and more!
- If you are curious about Microlighting then the BMAA Microlight simulator will be on site* to let you experience the sensation of flexwing flying and you can ask questions to the BMAA staff
- Talking of experience flights, East Coast Gyrocopters will be on hand to offer Gyrocopter experience flights and also to talk about what flying gyrocopters involves. Rufforth East is one of the UK’s major centres for Gyrocopters so its a great place to discover this form of rotary aviation.
- Want to experience Gliding? York Gliding Centre will be onsite with the BGA Glider simulator* and will also be able to offer glider experience flights from their site next door at Rufforth West.
- And if everything at the airfield is not entertainment enough (or for those not so interested in aviation), the airfield is just 5 miles from the centre of York with all its tourist attractions.
- Food and drink available throughout the day and evening.
- Live music and entertainment on the Saturday evening.